My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 3, 2013 - EBC Trek Day 10 - Pangbuche to Namche

May 3, 2013 - EBC Trek Day 10 - Pangbuche to Namche

Breakfast of muesli and hot milk (granola oats nuts and raisins).  Got started on the a bit after 8am and hiked until 11:30.  Took a break for lunch.

The trekking is sooooo much easier on the way down.  It definitely still has the ups and downs but mostly downs now. YAY!














Big news!!! Today I SHOWERED! Yes, 10 days without a shower is rather repulsive but it couldn't be helped.  That's also another goal I have made on this trek.

I feeeeeel amazing now! I'm mostly clean!  Ill have to do some serious scrubbing when I hit Kathmandu but for now I'm fresh!  Unfortunately, I do have to put the dirty clothes back on.



It is quite amazing what the human body can do.  Without and training or even a routine workout in the past 7 months I managed to hike almost 90miles all at altitude.  And today I met a guy without arms that was doing the same trek.  He was even smoking his cigarette with his foot!

Surprisingly, my body has held up.  I was betting on hip or knee trouble but both have been ok and just showed minor pain (to be expected).  I'm not as old as I thought!

Dinner was hot momos, a local Nepali dish similar to Chinese dumplings, with hot lemonade.  Yum.

Bed by 9pm.

What I have learned:  Yaks are like mountain goats.  They walk along the crazy trails with ease and when grazing they are all over the mountain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment