My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 10, 2013 - Bhaktapur, Nepal

May 10, 2013 - Bhaktapur, Nepal

I met up with Carlos, Johan, and another guy from my hostel for a visit to Bhaktapur.  This old city if full of ancient buildings, statues, temples, and shrines. We spent a few hour wandering through the tiny winding streets and having lunch on a rooftop overlooking it all.
























That night I met back up Lexi (the Colorado gal I had been sharing a dorm room with before the hike) and we had a celebration dinner and drinks.  We met some others and managed to close down the bar....though everything in Kath closes at midnight soooo it wasn't all that late.

Oh and a rather weird story.  I turned in my clothes from the trek to the hostel for cleaning. At less than a dollar per kg of clothes who would be washing their own clothes?  Not this girl.  Anyways, I left to grocery bags of clothes at the front desk with one of the staff.  Later on, another of the staff tells me he went through the dirty clothes to see whose they were and they he, and I quote,  "smelled my internal clothing".  Yeah that's right he told me sniffed my underwear.  And while Im getting very uncomfortable he is laughing and thinks its funny.   Completely weirded me out!  I just got up and left the room after his comments.  Ill also be leaving a very honest rating on hostelworld.

May 11, 2013 - Kathmandu

This was a super chill day.  Lunch with Lexi, got caught up on emails and just lounging!  I also scheduled a trip to Chitwan National Park for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment