My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 18 - 20, 2013 - Getting to Nepal

April 18 - 20, 2013 - Getting to Nepal

Exchange Rate: 1 USD = 87 Nepal Rupees
Visa Fee: $40 and 2 photographs get you a 30 day visa

On the 18th I took the night train from Jaisalmer back to Jaipur.  The train reached Jaipur at 5am and by 5:30 I was back at Monty's place were I slept a few more hours.

That was another day of relaxing.  I caught up on my laundry and Monty cooked up a tasty lunch and dinner.

Early on the 20th I caught the train to Delhi were a driver was waiting to take me to the airport.

There I flew to Kathmandu.

In Kathmandu I had arranged for the hostel to pick me up.  And when I finished with immigration there was a gentlemen standing outside with a sheet of paper with my name! Yess!  He also had a necklace of flowers to welcome me to Nepal!

However, on the way to town I realized that this was the guy from the trekking agency and not the guy from the hostel.  I didnt think they trekking company was picking me up since I was flying in a few days before my scheduled departure for the mountain.  BUT they dropped me off at my hostel nonetheless and we able to call the hostel driver to let him know I had already been picked up.


Look! There is a Mc Donald in town!



That night I joined another girl in my hostel to a traditional Nepali dinner and cultural performance.







What I have learned:
In Nepal its in appropriate to put your feet on anything other than shoes or floors.  No propping your feet up on the coffee table.  ooops!

1 comment: