My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Friday, April 5, 2013

March 29, 2013 - Hong Kong Layover

March 29, 2013 - Hong Kong Layover

To get to Delhi I took a flight with a 12 hour layover in Hong Kong.  It worked out fantastically because my cousin, Noah, and his family live in HK.  I sent a message ( a little last minute) that I would have a full day in town.  And because my family tends to be awesome, Noah offered to pick me up from the airport and show me around the city.

From the airport we went directly to the peak for a view over the city.  Unfortunately, it was a bit foggy so the view was limited but it still gave me a good idea of the huge expanse of the city.  Next we visited the touristy harbor.  They had an avenue of stars similar to the Hollywood stars in the sidewalk back in the US.  This, however, was known as one of the worlds worst tourist attractions.  I have to admit is was a bit cheesy, but you got a different view of the city.








Then was lunch.  We stopped by a little Honk Kong Lebanese place and picked up food to take back to Noah and Maria's home.  They live outside of town in a place called the new territories.  They have a view of both ocean and green mountains.  It was a beautiful place.  Here I got to meet my newest 2nd cousin, Jonah, for the first time.  Super cute! Cutest baby I have seen in a while for sure. :-)

After lunch we pulled out the paddle boards and paddle around some of the little islands just outside their house.  I had never done this before and needed a brief lesson on technique.  I got the hang of it and enjoy the short trip looking for sting rays and starfish as we went.

It was a short visit but very enjoyable.  It was great to see family that I hadn't seen in ages and to meet Jonah!

A great big thanks to Noah and Maria for showing me around and inviting me to their home.

What I learned:
Some of the Batman movie was filmed in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment