My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Friday, April 5, 2013

March 30, 2013 - Delhi, India

March 30, 2013 - Delhi, India

Visa and Fee: Had to apply for a visa while in The Philippines. Approximate cost was $140
Exchange Rate: 1USD = 52 Rupees

Mom was waiting for me in the lobby when I arrived at the hostel around 10pm.  I got the biggest hug!  We talked and got caught up and slept!

The next morning we went out for breakfast.  We walked around our area of Delhi and went to visit the Crafts Museum. We then went to the Pandara Food Market.  Basically, a little area of town packed with restaurants.  We chose a restaurant in the corner and had our first taste of real authentic Indian.  I am a huge fan of indian food back home and I  have been looking forward to all the wonderful for quite a while.  I have no doubts that Ill put on a couple pounds.   But since I have a 14 day hike ahead of me I think its alright to eat all the tastiness now. ;-)

We moved to the hotel where our group tour was meeting at.  Hotel Perfect.  That night we had our meet and greet with the others in the tour and our guide.  Our 7 day tour only has 5 people total and is lead by a local Indian man named Monte. We have a couple from England, a girl from Australia, Mom and I.  The group went to dinner together that night for more get to know you time.  The first impressions were good.  I think its gonna be a great trip.




What I learned:
In India you typically have to book a train ticket 3 months ahead of time.  Dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment