My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, April 15, 2013

April 4-5, 2013 - Delhi, India


April 4 - 5, 2013 - Delhi, India


We are back in Delhi and its our last day together as a group.  Monty took us on a lil tour of the city.  We took the metro from our hotel to some of the tourist sites.  This first was Jama Masjid.  Its a Muslim temple so we had to wear gown coverings while inside.  For an extra fee we also opted to climb one of the minarets.  We had to do it barefoot over some uneven rocks but the view was worth.  Even with 10 other people crowded in the top of the minaret it was beautiful.




The guide book warns against it but I was still not suspecting a thing.  When we got off the metro at our stop some guy grabbed by butt!! I spun around real quick but with such a large crowd I didnt see who the culprit was.  I was very protective of my behind the rest of the day.

We also visited a Sikh temple.  These folks never cut their hair and where turbans or head scarfs as a sign of there religion.

That night was also our last group dinner! It was sad knowing we would all be going our separate ways the next day.  But the food was delicious and the company even better.  I wish all my new friends the safest of travels and adventures.

The next morning we opted for breakfast together one last time to say our goodbyes.  Scott and Anna had a few more days in Delhi, Mom and I had one and Bonnie was on her way to trek the Mt Everest base camp hike.  I hope to meet up with Bonnie in Kathmandu.  She will be done and I will be just starting!

That day Monty help to find a reputable camera shop so that I could purchase a new camera.  If you havent noticed there is dirt inside my lense thus spots on all the pictures that I zoom in on.  I had this fixed once in Vietnam but went with a new camera after asking if it could be cleaned again.  I am now the proud owner of a 20x optical zoom Canon Powershot! Yeah! I LOVE my old camera but 6 months of photos with spots on them just wont do.

Afterwards Mom and I did some shopping, got henna on our hands and had lunch.   I will miss her very much!  She is the best Mom in the entire world!  She also let me off load all my souvenirs on her to take back to the states for me.


That evening I took the train with Monty to Jaipur.  He had offered to let me stay with him in Jaipur until I headed to Pushkar. He has definitely gone above and beyond the call of duty and Im glad I can call him a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment