My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 7-9, 2013 - Pushkar, India

April 7 - 9, 2013 - Pushkar, India

Pushkar was the perfect place to relax! And thats exactly what I did.  I slept in each morning.  Lounged and took my time at breakfast.  I wandered through town the first night and found to other travelers to hang out with.

Part of hanging out is the fooooood!





The next day was again just relaxing and then I took a 3 hour camel sunset tour into the country.  It was just me, the camel, and the camel driver.  It was peaceful and beautiful.  At one point we stopped and watched the sun go down. Here a musician played and sang a song with an Indian instrument that I cant remember the name of.  I even got to try and play the instrument.  Of course, I was horrible at it.









The next day I hiked the big hill/mountain to the temple to get a view of the town.  I think I waited a little too late to get started and it was HOT on the way up.  The view though was amazing! Pics! the best part though was all the really nice people I came across on the way up.  Every one said namaste ( hello) and welcome to India.  That put a smile on my face.







When I came back down I stopped at a little cafe for some water and tea.  He explained his "magic pinch" herbal tea recipe that he and his father put together and showed me how to make it.  It was quite tasty!



That night I wandered over to Sunset Cafe and had a banana shake as I watched the sun go down.




What I have learned: I will never get used to the smell of the streets in India. Cow poop

No comments:

Post a Comment