My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Friday, October 4, 2013

September 6 - 12, 2013 - Sucre, Bolivia - Part 1

First off, wow! I am so behind.  I blame it on having lots and lots of fun and very little down time.  The past month has been such a great time.

Brittney and I arrived in Sucre super early on the 6th.  I checked in my hostel Wasi Masi and had a lil snooze.  Around 7 we got up to do as much exploring as we could before she had to catch her flight to Santa Cruz and then back to the States.

We visited the main plaza, the mirador overlooking the city and had a tasty breakfast.  I hugged Brittney goodbye and said farewell.  It had been a great 2 weeks with a great friend!

Then, almost immediately, I meet 3 fantastic people.  We start out having meals and chatting but by the end of the week Trina, Nick, Joep and I are spending almost all our free time hanging out, playing cards, sipping wine, eating, cooking, dancing, and mostly laughing.

This first week I have also signed up for 20hours of one on one spanish lessons.   At 40Bolivianos/hr (~6$/hr) it was a great way to practice and correct some of my spanish as well as learn some additional tenses.  With the Spanish school we had a home cooked meal at Bertha's home and a round of Wallyball at the local gym. 

Life in Sucre:

We visit the market for a least one meal a day, sometimes 2, or even all 3!









The market has some reallllllly weird stuff.
 


And some really tasty stuff!





We cook out:









We sip wine:



And we play lots of cards:  Monopoly deal, shithead, Colombia, Sucre, Phase 10 and a couple others.














No comments:

Post a Comment