My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 4, 2013 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

October 4, 2013 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Visa Fee: $160 online fee.  Have to print off the receipt to show immigration at the border.  Its a 10 year visa though. 
Exchange Rate:  Official: 1USD = 5.8Pesos  Unofficial:  1USD = 9.2 - 9.55Pesos

It's weird in Argentina right now.  The official exchange rate for the dollar is 5.8 Pesos to the dollar.  However, on the "black market" you can get 9.2 Pesos.  Free money! YAY!

When I first arrived I went to change money.  I was taken to an office where they shut the door then the money exchange takes place.  I was a little worried about being scammed so I checked all the bills and they all seem real.  So I walked away with 60% more money than I walked in with.  Sweet! 

If you are planning on visiting Argentina, bring lots of dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment