My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 8, 2013 - Farewell Alene


Mar 8, 2013 - KK, Borneo

Over 4 years ago Alene and I hatched a plan to see the world.  We didnt have any specifics at the time.  Life found a way to make those plans come try and we have lived the dream for the last 5 months.

Today marks a big day in my travel career.  My travel companion and best friend has returned to America.  It seems we have had non-stop fun since we met up with each other in London on Sept 28, 2012.  More than 5 months later I have to say a hard goodbye.

At noon Alene called for a cab.  At 12:15 I walked with her to the cab and gave her a great big hug.  I think tears were welling up in both our eyes.  Its going to be a very different travel experience on my own.  I have had a friend with me every step of the way so far.   And now I will actually have to plan ahead on my own.  I mostly left this up to Alene as she is a much better planner than I am.

We have shared a fantastic life experience together and I see our friendship lasting into old age.  We actually have plans to be in the nursing home together someday.   We will have to have a magnifying glass as we re-read these blogs to each other and laugh about all the crazy stuff we have done.

Thanks for being a most amazing travel buddy Alene!  Hugs!  And get a good job so you can meet me in South America!!!!












1 comment:

  1. I love you Jordan and am going to miss you so much! I had a blast and so happy this dream came true! Your journey is just starting and cannot wait to follow you along the way and for Skype calls!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete