My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jan. 28, 2013 - LADIES ONLY


Jan. 28, 2013 - Ladies Only

Guys, you can't unread this, I've warned you. Ladies, this is meant to be comedic, if a a bit off color.  Please laugh with me.

Alene and I have planned for the entire month of February to be on the beach in Thailand, Singapore, The Phillippines, and others.  With that in mind I decided to get my bikini line waxed.  That seems like a natural thing to do when planning a month on the beach.  I had seen plenty of spas in Thailand offering the bikini line wax so I thought it would be easy to find a place.  I wanted to wait until just before heading to the beach so that the waxing would be in effect for as long as possible.  One of the days in Laos would be perfect timing just before our beach trip.

Now I have had my bikini line waxed before.  Its not a big deal.  Only slightly awkward.  They give you a one time use paper panties, the spa lady talks ya through the process, and they take care of the places a bikini doesnt cover up.  Apparently, a Lao bikini line wax is not at all like this. It's much much different.

I go into the room thinking this bikini line wax is gonna be like the others.  Nope.  The first sign of this is no one time use panty.  Nope.  The next sign was that I am supposed to also take off the panties I had worn.  Weird. At this point I was ready to change my mind about the whole thing.  The kicker was I had already paid.  Now this place looked legit enough, so I thought what the heck, I guess this is just how it goes.  Long story short I went in for a bikini line wax and came out with a BRAZILIAN wax.  I have had plenty of friends actually go in planning on a brazilian.  So I have heard the details on what happens and what the process is.  Everyone I have heard from acts like its no big deal, its just something they routinely do.  I guess planning on it and it sneaking up on you change things a bit.   If I had been planning this I probably would have drank a beer or 3 before hand, because well, its just weird laying there with your bits showing.  I dont even like going to the gyno, the medical doctor, the person that makes sure Im gonna keep living a healthy life.   The entire process was a bit shocking.

I made my smooth exit from the room and when I had finish the complimentary spa tea I immediately had a beer.

Needless to say I am well prepared to spend a month in a bikini.  But to those that plan on a bikini line wax in Laos, reconsider or at the very least be prepared.    

3 comments:

  1. Jordan - I love your blog. It gives me a laugh, at least a smile everytime I read the latest story but this one was brilliant. Keep on blogging, you're making my days at work when it is raining outside like today :-(
    Say Hi to Alene. Miss you girls!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing!!!! You crack me up, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least, the salon didn’t perform the Hollywood wax on you. I wouldn’t want to have a misunderstanding and lose all the hair down there instead of just getting a little cleanup. But anyway, you can’t call a beach trip a success if you weren’t in a bikini, so I bet you enjoyed that wax session.

    ReplyDelete