My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dec. 29, 2012 - Hue, Vietnam


Dec. 29, 2012 - Hue, Vietnam

We took the overnight sleeper bus to Hue from Hanoi. The sleeper bus beds are really reall tiny.  They are 2 high and three across with a tiny walkway in between that it barely wide enough to fit my shoulders.  I got assigned the top bunk in the middle row and the very back.  The bed wasnt even wide enough for me to put my arms by my sides to sleep.  So I spent the night turning from side to side hoping I wouldnt fall off the bed.




Once in we checked into our hostel and set out for lunch. We booked a motorbike tour through the hostel.  The tour consisted of visiting 2 imperial tomb complexes, a pagoda, a incense market, and dropped us off at the imperial city.   All this on the back of a motorbike driven by a guy that barely speaks English.

The tomb complexes were huge and beautiful and very ornate.  We visited Khai Dinh first followed by Tu Duc.

Khai Dinh







The Tu Duc tomb complex was massive and contained several tombs and buildings.

Tu Doc







The pagoda was also very interesting.  It has real live monks on the grounds and one came out at three on the dot to ring the bell.





I was not expecting what I got to see at the Imperial City.  It is an old walled in city that contains many many many old buildings used for several different things way back when.  They all had the typical dragon decorations.  Check out the cool pics.










After touring through the Imperial City we walked our way back to the hostel for and early night in. We were catching the 8am bus to Hoi An.

Look what I found!



What I have learned:
It seems to be perfectly alright to wear a pajama set (matching shirt and pants) out around town.
I get asked if I want a motor bike ride at least 10 times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment