My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dec 30 - Jan 1 Hoi An, Vietnam


Dec 30- Jan 1 Hoi An, Vietnam

We took the morning bus to Hoi An, about 4-5 hours.  It rained on the way and the bus leaked on me a bit but it wasnt to bad.




Hoi An is the place to get things tailor made.  There are hundreds of tailor shops that can make ANYTHING, all you gotta do is show em a picture or pick one outta a catalogue.  Ill admit I bought more than I need and now my bag is huge! Im gonna have to mail another box home here soon.

I got a dress, a coat, and a pair of sandals all for about 70 bucks...all tailor made to fit me! Sweet!

On the 31st we took a cooking class and learned how to cook spring rolls, a green mango salad, and a mackerel fish hot pot.  The tour started with a bike ride to the vegetable village where all the vegetables for the town are grown.



  After the village we rode to the market where can get fruits, veggies, meats, fish, etc.  Here we wondered around the stalls looking at all the weird fruits that we dont get back in the states.

On a side note we tried a green fruit that I forget the name of, litchis, mangosteens, dragon fruit, some brown little grape looking things, etc.







After the market the tour dropped us off at a local restaurant where the chef had a table prepared with all the ingredients and supplies.  He showed us step by step all the things to do to made a tasty meal.  I even learned how to make a rose out of tomato!!!





For new years, I once again tried to dip dye my hair.  It turned out alright and is very subtle.  The ends are blonde, its looks pretty cool and I like it! We also ventured out to the bars to check out all the local happenings!

What I have learned:
The average price for a room for a night is $5-8.  Thats cheaper than rent back home and it includes all the utilites, water, and there is maid service and sometimes breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment