My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jan. 10, 2013 - Siem Reap and Angkor Day 1


Jan. 10, 2013 - Siem Reap and Angkor Temples Day 1

We got started around 8:30 to go visit some of the carvings and temples that were an hour tuk-tuk drive away.

First we had to stop at the gas station to fill up.


Fuel is sold outta old water and liquor bottles on the side of the road. 



Then get our ticket for $40 for a 3 day pass.



The first site was called Kbal Spean.  Not a temple but carvings along the river bed. This was about a mile hike through the woods.






If the river bed was rock the people carved it out. 




Next was Banteay Srei.






Then Banteay Samre.







Then East Mebon.








Then Ta Som.









Then Preah Khan.








And to finish up the day, we watched the sunset at Phnom Bakheng.




What I have learned:
Cambodians speak Khmer and the writing looks like pretty squiggles.  I wish I could read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment