My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dec. 2, 2012 - Tropic of Cancer, Namibia


Dec 2, 2012 - Tropic of Capricorn

Today was a long drive through some beautiful deserty dry areas.  We also crossed the tropic of capricorn.



For lunch we stopped at Mcgregors Bakery in Solitare.  They are famous for their apple pie.  It was delicious.  Yes, I had apple pie for lunch.  If you think you will lose weight in Africa while on an overlanding trip you are wrong.



Today we had to stop on the side of the road for a bush toilet.  As I mentioned before it was a desert, flat, without and bushes.  The ladies had to resort to squating behind the truck, two at a time.  This was not an order but just the best solution to the problem.  As Alene and I took our turn. A car, the only, the only car on the entire road besides our truck decided to pass us.  Nothing could be done but laugh and hope they didnt look to closely into the rearview mirror.  Oh Africa, how I love you!

What I have learned:
Using a bush toilet may be better than using some of those squatty potties but it comes with its own risks.  AKA other cars driving by and pokey shrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment