My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, February 3, 2014

January 3 -5, 2014 - Fort Worth, Texas

January 3 -5, 2014 - Fort Worth, Texas

My favorite travel buddy and best friends came up from Houston to hang out for the weekend!  I spent the first 6 months of this epic trip with her.  If you look back to some of my first blogs you will see her in plenty of pictures.  We traveled Africa and SE Asia together and have traveled much more previously and she even met up with me again in Argentina!

Anyways, she had never explored in Fort Worth before so I had plenty of things planned for the weekend.

The first stop though was the famous Fort Worth Stockyards. Where else do you get to ride a long horn cow around??






We decided on BBQ for dinner at Riscky's.



After dinner we wandered through some of the shops then we hopped over to The White Elephant Saloon for a couple of beers.



We didnt buy the giant flask but we did buy a couple of koozies for our beers. 




Then headed down to Billy Bob's Texas (the largest honky tonk in the world).  Josh Abbott was the head liner for the evening.  We bought tickets and went on in.



We arrived just in time to catch the indoor bullriding. Yes, in the bar!





The next day we slept in a bit, made breakfast tacos for breakfast, then got ready to meet Alene's cousin and his wife for lunch at Rodeo Goat, a gourmet hamburger joint.

After lunch we made it to the Rahr Brewery Tour to taste of couple of their local brews.






THEN we went to Sundance Square in downtown had a coffee and walked around the area.  We also stopped in at the old movie theatre down their and watch American hustle.





That night Sara and Steve met Alene and I for dinner at Chuy's on West 7th for some tasty tex-mex and beer-ritas (half beer, half margarita) yum! That was followed up by a couple of beers at The Pourhouse then an early night in.




Alene had also signed up for the MS150.  I offered to let her borrow my old road bike so she took old blue with her back to Houston.  He has upgraded from a sedentary life in the storage building to a busy fit life with Alene!  If you would like to donate to the MS cause, Alene's page is here:  Link To Be Posted Later.   Each rider has to earn a minimum donation to the cause to ride.  I'm sure she would appreciate anything you can donate and I know those fighting MS would be grateful for the donation as well.

She headed out on Sunday morning, but not before telling me she already set aside days near Thanksgiving to come visit me in New Zealand.  More travels stories will be made!

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with your blog!! I loved FW!! Great trip!!

    And Blue, your bike, is doing great!! I have fell off twice but no damages to the bike!!

    Miss you and keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete