My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 3 - 6, 2014 - Coral Coast, Fiji

February 3 -6 , 2014 - Coral Coast, Fiji

On the 3rd, I arrived to a place called The Beach House along the Coral Coast on the main island.  It was 2 hour drive from the ferry landing in Suva.  I checked into my room and then surveyed the area.  Amazing!  This place is exactly what you expect when you think of beaches in Fiji.  White sand, crystal clear water with palm trees hanging out over the water.





That afternoon I went on a 1 hour horseback ride along the beach and to a look out point on a little mountain.







The hostel also provided free afternoon coffee or tea with freshly baked scones with butter and jam! Yum!

Then a group of us played a little sand volleyball!

But that night was the best part.  It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I had ever seen!




All of this and a free breakfast for only 38FJD a night in a 6 bed dorm! :-)

On the 4th I simply relaxed on the beach, enjoyed the sun, scarfed down the tea and scones and played a bit more sand volleyball.

Here is one more beach picture for good measure!



I had a late breakfast on the 5th.  At 11am I caught the bus back to Nadi  and then a taxi back to Bamboo Backpackers.  That night I prepared a bit for my interview on Friday and had one more lovo dinner.

At 8am the next day I jumped a plane to Auckland, NZ to start a whole new adventure!

1 comment: