My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, February 3, 2014

December 24 - 30, 2013 - Texas Christmas

December 24 - 30, 2013 - Home - Part 1

Dec 24:
I arrived into DFW just a couple hours late.  Dad picked me up from the airport and we immediately headed towards Amanda and Patrick's home.

Once there I got hugs from everyone and chatted for a bit then showered!  I had been traveling for a while and was a bit greasy.  So I got cleaned up then we had a fantastic Christmas dinner with all the fixins.  Soooo tasty.

The Jones family does a white elephant Christmas exchange.  We all get one $25 gift to put in and we go around opening one at a time and stealing gifts from each other.  I contributed a hammock from Brazil but took home a giant bottle of vodka with sprite.  Dad thought he had the hammock tucked away, out of sight, out of mind, but on the last turn Steven stole it!  That caused quite a funny uproar.





Dec 25:
On Christmas day, I loaded up with Dad and we headed out to Gram and Grandads house in Peaster, Texas.  My mom was able to fly in from Seoul, South Korea, Kale and his GF Megan came, as well as my Great Grandpa (GPa).   We  had another GREAT dinner and sat around the fire place opening a plethora of gifts and sharing some laughs.

I got some great new clothes, an awesome scratch map (you scratch off the countries you have visited),  some gift cards, lots of Korean goodies and a New Zealand Lonely Planet book.

I have such a great family and am super thankful that I got to spent the holiday with them.

I spent the next few days with my mom, visiting Weatherford folks and hanging out with my grandparents.





No comments:

Post a Comment