My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 9 - 12 , 2013 - Bariloche, Argentina

November 9 - 12, 2013 - Bariloche, Argentina

Nov. 9

I said goodbye to Trina and Ruth and hopped on the bus towards Bariloche.  Luckily, they were coming from exactly where I am going so they wrote down all the their recommendations.

After a 2 hour bus ride I arrived in Bariloche and immediately checked into the Penthouse 1004 Hostel on the the 10th floor of the Bariloche center building.  Ruth and Tring werent the first ones to recommend this place and now I know why.

The view from the balcony is stunning!  It over looks the lake and the mountains in the background as well as the little town of Bariloche.  They also serve homemade bread and homemade jam along with dulce de leche for breakfast every morning.




That first day I just relaxed and enjoyed the view.


 Nov. 10:

 I woke up with a sore throat so I wasnt motivated to do much.  However, I checked the weather and saw that today would be sunny and the next would be cloudy and possibily rainy.  Sooooo, I made myself get up and ready for a busy day.

The first stop was to climb Cerro Campanario.  A steeeeep 30 minute climb to a spectacular view of the area.







Then I rented a bike and rode the 27km Circuito Chico route.  They warned me that it was hilly, but what they meant to say was that it was mountainy!  Sheesh, I had to push the bike up some of those hills.  But the views were worth it.









 Along the way, we stopped for tea at the fancy Llao Llao hotel.  Kinda funny considering we strolled in with our helmets drenched in sweat.


Nov. 11:
 Another bum day.  But Im not feeling well and have a sore throat sooo I think its justified.  I did venture out and buy some of the "famous" chocolate though.




Tomorrow I head to Villa La Angostura!


1 comment:

  1. Did you take this on your hotel? The view is stunning and honestly you have a skill on photography. Thanks for sharing this beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete