My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 16 - 17, 2013 - Pucon, Chile

November 16 - 17, 2013 - Pucon, Chile

Nov 16:

Visa Fees: Free is crossing a land border.
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 520 Chilean Pesos

The border crossing was fairly easy.  The bus stopped at the Argentine exit and we all waited in line, then again at the Chilean entrance.  We had to unload and scan all our bags but it was quick.

I arrived in Pucon early afternoon.  I checked into a hostel that was highly recommended by Trina and Ruth.  Did some laundry and got signed up to climb the Villarrica Volcano.

Nov 17:

Unfortunately, due to a lack of people climbing today my trip up the volcano was cancelled.  However, I did join a 4 hour tour through the Chilean countryside by horseback.  Beautiful!  I've also decided that when I get back to the real world and need a new hobby, I will try some riding lessons.  I really enjoyed the ride and we even made it passed a trot and on to a canter.  I like going fast. :-)







Before this guy, I didnt know you could be "stung?" by a caterpillar.  But you can and its painful.


 Sooooo many yellow flowers!





No comments:

Post a Comment