My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 9, 2013 - Malbork Castle, Poland

June 9, 2013 - Malbork, Poland

I took the train on a day trip to Malbork to see the Malbork Castle.  It was a 27PLN round trip and took about an hour each way.

During the 14 and 15th centuries Malbork Castle was the largest castle in the world.  It still remains the largest Gothic castle in the world. And the place it HUGE.

I was just a little bit annoyed to find out that the only tours were in Polish and all the audio guides were gone AND that there were no maps of the place.  After being yelled at in Polish for going in an exit and not knowing anything I was looking at I opted to search for and buy my own guide.  Sheeshhh, if there are no signs and no maps and I really dont think people should yelled at so readily.  ANYWAYS, with my personal guide in hand I knew a bit better where to go and what I was looking at and the day got much better. Check out all the pics! It took me over 3 hours to see all there was to see!


































What I have learned:
The Teutonic Knights were a German chivalric order established in the Holy Land during the crusades.  This castle belonged to them

No comments:

Post a Comment