My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Home - Lexington, Kentucky - Part 1

I had been planning on visiting home for a while now. Both homes.  Kentucky and Texas.

The first stop however was Kentucky.  I landed (a day late) in Lexington on June 13 and on of my FAVS, Mallory, picked me up.  She even had a Bourbon and Bourbon bagel from Great Bagel waiting for me.  The best news...it was a Thursday which meant I could go see my old kickball team play!  It was, of course, great fun.  Even though they lost. I even got to play a pick up game with the old team.

That Friday Mallory, Chris and I headed for Virginia and Lori and Chris C's wedding weekend!  Lori is Mallory and I's ex-roommate from Lexington.  The first night we all camped out in a groomsman's back yard.  He had volunteered his place to all those traveling in for the wedding.

We arrived before the rehearsal dinner was over so we really had no where to go to the bathroom.  Luckily, his back yard was big, open, had plenty of trees and only a few neighbors.    That's right Luke, we used your back yard as a bathroom.  Ekkk. :-)

The next morning, Saturday, the wedding couple had a 5k run around the campus in which the wedding was taking place.  It was a beautiful  and difficult run.  Especially, for this lady who hasnt has a proper work out plan in over a year!

It goes without saying that the wedding was a beautiful success and the reception super fun.  PICS!!!







A game of "The camera game" always gets things going! 







A lil time out for the serious stuff.



What a great weekend with great friends.  Many hugs were had! 





No comments:

Post a Comment