My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Home - DFW, Texas - Part 4

After Kentucky I went home to TEXAS! This stop was filled with more friends and family!

I arrived on a Tuesday.  My dad picked me up and we met my lil brother for dinner.  I spent the first few days with my dad in Fort Worth. We saw lots of live music and tried some deliciously large hamburgers.

The weekend my friends and I had planned to meet in Canyon Lake to float the river!  And thats exactly what we did.  15 of us all met on Friday night and camped at the Yogi Bear Jellystone park.  Sara and Steve came from Dallas, Alene from Houston, my uncle and his gf from Weatherford, my brother and his gf from Lewisville, Dad and I from Fort Worth, and other friends of friends from all over Texas!

It goes without saying that we had a great, if not hot, weekend!  Lots of cooking, smores, beers, laughs, hugs, and more laughs.

We had enough fun on the river to float it TWICE on saturday!

I do soooo love my friends and family!  It means sooooo much to me that they would travel so far just to hang out with me for a day!!!  I have made some true life long friends out of Sara, Steve, and Alene! Fo shizzle!!!

We returned Sunday after a stop at the HUGE Buckee's.  It's a ridiculously large convenient store just off the highway.

Tuesday Sara again made the long drive over to Fort Worth so we could do dinner of TexMex and Margs.  We had been talking about that since I left for my trip!!!

Note: It is beyond me why I didnt think to take pictures of ANY of the above.  :-(

Wednesday to Friday I spent with my Mom and her side of the family.  We celebrated the 4th of July and my birthday.  Mom arrived from Bahrain on the 4th and Kale and Megan (his gf) came to hang out for those few days as well.  I also got to see my GREAT grandpa and Aunt Kathy.



















Saturday, yet another friend traveled to see me for just one day.  Rachel and her baby boy drove in from Big Spring.  Together with her mom and sister and my mom we chatted, caught up on life and ate some yummy Texas BBQ.







That night I had one last dinner with my Mom, Dad, and bro.  Then I went home with Kale and we spent the evening chatting and just chilling out.  He was VERY kind to take me to the airport at 4am Sunday morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment