My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Thursday, December 26, 2013

December 14 - 20, 2013 - Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

December 14 - 20, 2013 - Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

On the 14th I caught the fast boat from Salvador to the island of Morro de Sao Paulo.  It was a 2 hour and 75 Reals ride to the island. Once there I was immediately in love with the place.

Once you exit the boat you walk up a hill, stop to pay the tourist fee of 15 Rs, then continue up the hill to the main square.  After the main square and over another little hill you come up to this amazing view!





The water and the sand and the view was just fantastic and I got super excited about my stay and I hadnt even found my pousada yet.

After asking a couple of people in my minimal spanish I finally found my pousada, Millennium II.  For $20 a night I got a private room and bathroom alllll to myself just 2 minutes from the beach.



I spent the first 2 days on the beach soaking up the sun and enjoying the warm water.  The first day I stayed on Segunda Praia (2nd beach) and the next day I went down to Cuarto Praia (4th beach).  The 2 are very different beaches but only about a 20 minute walk apart.






The 2nd beach has the most people with umbrellas and beach chairs everywhere.  4th beach has very few people and the water comes right up to the restaurants and hotels along the beach.  Its easy to find a patch of sand without any else in sight.


On the 17th I signed up for the island hopping tour.  We visited several different islands.






A floating bar within a natural pool about a mile from shore.



We stopped for lunch and a short hike along the beach on Boibepa island.











We visited a floating oyster shop.




Then toured some villages on other islands.






During the rest of the week I was there it rained a couple of days so I made myself comfy in the hammock and read some of my books.  I also visited the beach a few more times.

I ate seafood, Acai, Picanha, and drank coconuts and Caipirinhas!  It was a realllly great week on the beach.



1 comment:

  1. nie collections of pics..reaaly an amazing palce to enjoy vacations.We had a nice trip there with friends enjoyed lot first hired a car online from car hire saopaulo official site and enjoyed our full week trip.We have also seen rio beaches most entertaining and hotels of sao paulo and traditional food just made our trip more memorable one.

    ReplyDelete