My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 2 - 6, 2013 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

December 2 - 6, 2013 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

From Cordoba I traveled back to Buenos Aires on the 1st of December.  I had made an appointment with the Brazilian embassy for the 2nd so I spent that day preparing all my paperwork.

December 2:
I gathered all my stuff for my 10:30 appt and headed to the embassy.  Once there I had to wait about 20 minutes and then got to talk with a representative.  I had alllll the things I needed but that didnt stop the lady from asking me for my bank statements...which were in her hand....and for my flight itineraries...which were also in her hand.  She also questioned me about the employment field in the online application.  I told her, "I dont have a job because Im traveling."  She replied with "I know you are traveling but what is your job back home".  And I had to repeat once again that I do not have a job.  She was being very impatient with me like I had messed something up, but I left the job field blank for a reason.  Then in the current address section I had put my home address, I mean that makes sense to me?!?!  But what they wanted was the address to my hostel in BA. Luckily I remembered the address from having to give it to the cab driver the day before.  The problem was I didnt have the phone number....so I just gave her my Argentine cell number and hoped that would be sufficient.  Anyways, so after getting all that  cleared up I was given a ticket to take to a bank a couple of blocks away to pay for the Visa application and I was told to return to the office the next day with the payment receipt.

Later that day I met up with a Polish girl from my dorm room at the hostel and we went out for a tasty steak.  In fact, the steak was so tender that they cut it with a spoon before putting it on our plates.  Yum! We also, of course, had a bottle of wine between the 2 of us.






December 3:
I picked up my 10 year Brazil Visa without complication.   Yall remember that black eye I got while in Valparaiso?  Yeah, well I still had it when I had my visa photo taken, so Ill have a nice shiner in the photo on my visa for the next 10 years!

Also, my friends from Sucre and El Bolson, Trina and Ruth arrived!  This was Ruth's last day traveling after having been away for a year.  Of course we planned a big night out!  We had more steak and wine and then hit the bars.  While waiting for dinner we met some guys from Ireland and since the restaurant had a table for 6 but not a table for 2 or 4 we joined up and all had dinner together.





We all went to the bar afterwards.  Here we met even more people and had a great time playing the CAMERA GAME!  This game really is a great way to meet friends and have lots of laughs.




  And we partied until the sun came up!  I hadnt done that in a looooong while and was really surprised when I walked out and saw daylight.  They really do know how to have a good time in Argentina!  I should mention, that no one goes out to dinner until about 10pm and no one hits the bars before midnight...so we got a late start on the night, which made it much easier to stay out to morning.  " Its normal, this in Argentina!"



December 4:
As you can imagine we did a lot of nothing this day.  We slept in and then we lounged on the rooptop terrace and soaked up a little sun!  Trina and I sadly hugged Ruth goodbye and just had a simple dinner that night near the hostel.

December 5:
Another day on the rooftop terrace.  But it was warm and sunshiny so we sunbathed in our swimsuits and drank iced white wine.  We also signed up to do another dinner and tango show.  This was Trina's first but my second and we opted to try out a dinner venue.  Dinner was tasty and the show really enjoying.  We also went out briefly with one of the Venezuelan guys from the hostel, but I think we were all tired and we hit the hay pretty early.  "Choco cinco!"




December 6:
I was both excited and devastated this day.  I was going to Rio de Janeiro but I was also leaving Trina, whom I have had tonnnnnns of fun with.  I hope I can meet up with her again soon.  Hopefully, in her homeland of England!  Hugs Trina!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed with your writing talents as neatly as with the layout to your
    weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself?
    Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it's rare to peer a nice weblog like this one
    nowadays..

    Here is my site auriculares cascos - ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. nаturally like your website but yoս have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.

    Several of them are rife witҺ sрelling issues and I find іt
    very troublesߋmе to inform tҺe truth however I'll surely comе back again.


    Heгe is my web site los psicólogos de Sevilla

    ReplyDelete