My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Friday, September 6, 2013

August 26-28, 2013 - Cusco, Peru

August 26 - 28, 2013 - Cusco, Peru

August 26:
Arrived in the afternoon and walked around taking in the sights.  I was in Cusco back in 2009 so it was really cool to visit again.  Not much has changed.






That night I had a coca tea to warm up.  Yes, its coca as in cocaine. No, it doesnt make you high.  It supposed to help alleviate some of the effects of altitude. 

 Later we watched a cultural dance and music performance.

August 27:
Today Brittney went to viist to Machu Picchu.  Since I have already seen it I stayed and had a day to myself in Cusco. 

I joined a free walking tour of Cusco.  We visited many important sights in town and at the end the guys taught us how to make pisco sours.







After the tour I walked walk to top of mountain for the view and to sneak a peak at some more ruins. 







When Brittney returned we went out for dinner and tried our first cuy or guinea pig.  We thought we would be getting a whole guinea pig but it turns out we just got a little taste of guinea pig.  We will have to try again for the whole things.  We HAVE to! We are in peru! 



Uggh....before dinner I started feeling ill.   And as the night progressed it definitely became apparent that I had eaten something bad.  I felt bad all night and didnt get much sleep. 

August 28: 
I slept most of the day to recover and let Brittney do the free walking tour 
She returned around 3 and I felt well enough to join her to do a little shopping at the market. I purchased an alpaca sweater and new scarf.

That night we caught the bus to Puno, Peru. 

No comments:

Post a Comment