My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Feb. 14, 2013 - Manila, Philippines

Feb. 14, 2013 - Manila, Philippines

We are on a mission to find specific things at the huge mall down the road.  Alene needs  a new pair of shorts and I need some good hiking shoes.  Gram, those shoes you got for me had a good run but they have been donated to a Filipino with large feet. I have to upgrade to real hiking shoes and start wearing them in for the 14 day hike to Mt Everest base camp in May.   We both found what we were looking for fairly quickly and just lounged at the hostel the rest of the afternoon.  Funny story, I actually, randomly picked out the exact same hiking shoe that Alene has with her, its just in a different color.  I guess it just looked familiar.  Besides, she said she really liked them so I thought it a safe bet.

That night the city had a free concert in the park for Valentines day.   We got a little group from the hostel together and went to check it out.  There were tons of people out.  Mostly families that had brought picnics for dinner and were listening to the music.  Unfortunately, the music wasn't very good but the people watching was great and it felt like we were doing something the locals do.  And we got to walk around town a bit and eat some local food.

Our "Valentines" aka our small group from the hostel at the concert.


What I have learned: Filipino people are SUPER nice and welcoming.  All of them have been awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a proud Filipino. Glad you enjoyed your stay in my Country:)

    -Geselle

    ReplyDelete