My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lexington - Like Going Home


I came upon a $200 flight to Louisville from Sat to Wed and a $50 car rental for 5 days.  This was just too good of a deal to pass up.  So I packed my bags, got my wonderful friend Matt to drop me off at the airport and headed to Kentucky for a visit before I head out to Africa next Thursday. 

I cant put into words how much fun and happy was had while seeing all my friends back in the Bluegrass.  It started off with tailgating at the UK football game as soon as I arrived in Lexington with Justine, JJ, Kali, Tim, Joe, and Paul, followed by watching the game at Two Keys and hanging out with friends there for a while.

Sunday was a bit of a lounge day given my very long and exhausting day on Sat. ( I had to get up at 3am to catch my plane).  But I met up with Sydney, Jay, and Megan for a late lunch and drinks at new brew pub in town.  Which also happened to be where a friend works so as a bonus I got to hang out with him as well!   Brittney also met up with us. Megan and I finished up the day with a couple movies.

Monday everyone had to work, so I had a low key day and met up with Adam for lunch.  Then it dawned on me that my friend Seth usually doesnt work on Mondays so we planned to meet up at the Country Boy Brewery for a tour and a taste of some of their very unique beers.  I had a jalapeno smoked beer, tasty and very different.  We then ventured on over to Pazzos, the locally famous pizza joint where lots of friends came to hang out! Of course we had GREAT conversation! :-)

Tuesday, my last day to visit, I again had lunch with Adam, but met up with my old roommate Mallory for some catching up and dinner! Thanks Mal for feeding me dinner! Then we headed to Marikkas were I got to join my old sand volleyball team for a reunion game in the league there.  This was also Liz's (my soon to be world travel buddy) last night in Lex so we had a huge crowd out to hang out, chat, hug, and say goodbye.

I had an awesomely great time time seeing everyone again.  Thank you to JJ, Justine, Kali, Tim, Paul (he came out to almost every hang out event), Andrew, Weslee, Alex, Mallory, Joe, Megan, Liz, Chris, Don, Brittney ( I think she came out everytime any of us got together), Olwen, Wes, Kim, Kelly, Ryan, Adam, Alex, Rafa, Seth, Sydney, Jay and everyone else that I havent listed.  Yall are some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for.  I hope to see you all again very soon! Only thing better would have been if Lori and Lindsey could have joined us! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment