My Travel Path

My Travel Path

Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct. 13, 2012


Oct 13, 2012 - Nakuru, Kenya

Last night we slept in a concervancy near lake Nakuru.  Because of all the wild animals includng lions and hyenas out tent was inside of a 10 foot high electric fence. We walked the fence line and also took a short walk outside the fence.  During the night you could here all the animals making noises.  It was both awesome and scary.  So scary in fact that I waited 3 hours to get up to go to the bathroom becuase I thought I might get eaten....even with the electric fence around the campground.  I finally couldnt wait any longer and braved the night and wild animals.

We will stay here the next 2 nights as well.  I will definately be visiting the bathroom right before I go to bed to prevent the bladder issues of last night.

We also move from the land rover to the overland truck today and also gain to additional travelers.  I girl from Britian and one from Sweden.  It will be nice to have some more company.  More people will mean we dont have to cook AND clean each meal.  We will be trading off on these duties.

What I learned:
Kenya produces a very large chunk of the world's cut flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Cut flowers? What kind? Did you see any eyes on your bathroom adventure? Are there outhouses? Keep the stories coming! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete